Friday, December 10, 2010

Wisdom in a feeling

#reverb10 prompt for December 10th: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?

The wisest decision I made in 2010 was to apply for a job I had a gut feeling was a good fit for me. At the time I applied I wasn't even really sure I was looking for a new job or what my chances were in the application process. I applied on a bit of a whim and didn't really put to much thought into what could happen if I actually got an interview or the job. I ended up getting the job and couldn't be happier. I'm proud, grateful, and happy working where I do.

An additional perk of this decision is that I now feel like I am beginning to put down roots. In the past five years I have lived in seven different cities or towns. This is the first place where I've begun to feel a sense of permanence and a sense of attachment to. I am extremely glad things have unfolded like they have.

No comments: