Thursday, February 28, 2013

Employment Changes

I've had some changes on the job front recently. For over two years I have been working as an Archives Technician for the Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre.  My job developed a lot over this time period, expanding from processing and description work to conducting educational tours, outreach initiatives, and reference support.

As of this week, I've moved from the Archives Technician position into a new Researcher/Curator position.  I'm still working in the Shingwauk Residential Schools Centre, my job is just shifting from archival projects to some of the broader education, dissemination, and research work done by the Centre.  I also get to take on more of a project management role in this new position. It should be interesting to see how this position and the Centre as a whole develops in the upcoming months. Allons-Y!

No comments: